This practice was first assigned in Month Four of the program. This month you will repeat the practice again, to strengthen your teaching skills, and to prepare for the first live teaching which you will be asked to do in Month Seven. Before you begin the practice, go back to your notes from Month Four and review the areas which you felt needed improvement. Make note of them and keep them in mind as you do this teaching assignment.
This assignment is to prepare you to teach meditation. Whether you are an experienced or a new teacher the practice will be helpful. The assignment is simple.
1. Prepare an outline for a one hour class. (This is to be turned in.)
2. Review the class outline and make sure that you are comfortable with the material.
3. Sit in a quiet room with an audio recorder.
4. Set a timer or clock which you can see.
5. Imagine a room full of students. Visualize them clearly.
6. Turn on the audio recorder and do not turn it off until you have finished teaching.
7. Begin to teach the class and teach until the 50 minutes are complete or you have completed the teaching.
8. Turn off the recorder and wait 24 hours before listening to the recording.
9. Listen to the recording, taking notes as to your 'strong points', clarity, voice quality, vagueness, etc. It is advisable to take note of anything you wish to improve upon.
Some of the questions you may wish to ask yourself are:
a. Was the teaching interesting? b. Did the teacher sound enthusiastic about the subject? c. How was the cadence of the teacher's voice; strong, smooth, etc? d. Were there any irritating habits that were used in the teaching? e. Was the material presented in a clear and easy to understand manner? f. Was there enough material for the time alloted? g. Is there anything else that I would do differently the next time I teach?
10. Make the needed changes as you prepare for your next class. 11. Save the recording and the questions and answers to refer back to as you teach over the coming decades.
When you have the notes, put them aside for a day or so. Go back and review them and see information your higher self provided you about your teaching style. Use the notes to make positive changes to enhance your teaching skills.
You may submit any of this for feedback, but are not required to do so.
The teaching outline is the only homework which must be submitted.
Shanti and enjoy your teaching.
We are a non-profit organization and your support means a lot to us. Please click below to make your donation. Thank you for your support.