SEMINARY TRAINING PROGRAM
The Kriya Yoga Seminary was developed Sri Goswami Kriyananda, and is comprised of eight quarters of online home study. The lessons vary in length for listening and for the required studying. Each student studies in a different manner, thus the amount of time spent on Seminary studies will vary. All homework is submitted online and students may communicate with their classmates via e-mail. Individual support is provided throughout your studies.
The Seminary program includes:
- Personal daily Sadhana, an integral aspect that lays the foundation for your life as a Swami (yogic priest).
- Online digital audio class recordings, provided as downloads compatible with MP3-players and smart phones.
- Online Seminary assignments, presented in sequential order and submitted and graded online. New lessons are available to a student after the previous lesson has been completed.
- Regular communication with an ordained swami to answer your questions / provide you feedback. Occurs through both personal and group teleconference calls.
- The opportunity to participate in an online community with others who are pursuing similar studies.
- A research paper on a topic that is relevant to your priesthood.
- In person retreats once a year. Virtual retreats; attendance from your own home or location offered annually.
- Textbook and retreat costs are not included in the course love offering.
Some topics included in the Kriya Yoga Seminary curriculum:
- Kriya yoga philosophy
- The laws of karma
- Hatha yoga
- The language of symbols
- The Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga Sutras
- The Upanishads
- Communication and teaching arts
- Karma yoga/spiritual service
- World religions
- Pastoral care/spiritual guidance
To enter the program, you must complete an application and submit it with a $25.00 application fee.
Your application will be reviewed by the Seminary Committee who may choose to request a phone interview prior to admission.
Pay in full : $3,000. 00
Payment Plan: $500 Deposit plus 6 payments of $465 due every 3 months.(automatically charged on your credit card)
Retreat is required for the program. In person retreat is: $451 pr person.
Virtual Retreat is $200
Click Here to learn more about the Retreats
All retreats begin on Thursday evening and conclude prior to noon on Sunday. If held during the week the same pattern is followed.
Students are responsible for obtaining course books and they receive a 20% discount on Temple books purchased through the Temple.